Monday, April 4, 2011

Cynical Stupidity (Minstrel Mondays)

Picking through my collection of songs and poems starting with "C," I find very few. I don't have a lot of material starting with the third letter of the alphabet for some reason, but I did find this quirky little ditty I wrote down over ten years ago. It's weird and wacky, so don't expect to get much out of it.

One day when I was feeling mellow
I went to the beach and let out a bellow.
The sky was quite green and the sea it was yellow
just like some nice old jaundiced fellow.

Was that mellow yellow I saw there?
I didn't think to really care.
I had a head full of long, like hippy, hair
but I certainly swear, I was not bare.

I'm the kind of guy who screams
while in the middle of a mellow dream
just to liven up the scene.
Does it make me mean?

Just a touch of cynicism
mixed with moribund stupidity...

Next Monday, we'll be dealing with "I" and I have something much more poetic planned.  For sure, it'll make this look like roadkill.

1 comment: