Friday, May 27, 2011

Staying Positive

It seems lately that quite a few of my blog posts have been coming out on a negative vibe.  It's not that I like to complain, but there always seems to be something bad to talk about, or some event that is weighing heavily upon my heart.  Perhaps it's the Irish in me, always seeking injustice to nag about.  Either way, I've got to balance the negatives with the positives, because we can't have all doom and gloom every day, can we?

There are plenty of happy things I can talk about.  For one, I'll have a new short story appearing on the Hall Brothers Entertainment website in July.  "The Patriot Awakened" will be appearing as a special Independence Day short on their site, and you'll all be able to read it for free.  The story takes place in the distant future, where civilization has returned to simpler, feudal times and technology.  There'll be a Robin Hood like figure who fights to liberate the oppressed peoples and put an end to the corrupt rulers.  I'll leave it at that.  If you want more, you'll just have to check it out in July!

On a more personal side, I have 3 healthy children I can be grateful for, and a faithful wife who is always supportive.  Physically, I may be fat and sore, but so far I don't have any real ailments.  There's plenty of food on the table, and an ample roof over my head.  Compared to a lot of people, I have a very charmed life, so how's that for a glass half full?

I like to keep the good things in mind, even when I'm complaining, though it's easy to get sucked into the negative zone.  Writing is a moody profession, after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment