Tuesday, June 28, 2011

First Look: Mystic Selwood

As fate would have it, I've begun work on a sequel to "West of the Warlock," the Fantasy Western which will be released later this summer by Hall Brothers Entertainment.  The second book will pick up where the first one leaves off, and is tentatively entitled "Mystic Selwood;" mystic, because of the magical aspects, and Selwood for the name of the town where most of the story takes place.

I have other stories to write, as well, though this one has asked me to write it.  Yes, the story itself jumped up out of the shadows, back-handed me across both cheeks, and said, "Get me down on paper!"  Seriously, though, I had considered a sequel to this story (as I do with pretty much anything I write), and the other night I had a peculiar dream that played out the opening sequences to the tale.  As I "watched" the dream unfold, the entire plot came to mind, so now I have a pretty good idea of what will be happening in this second installment of "The West The Way It Wasn't."

An 1873 Winchester
Musket will feature
prominently in
"Mystic Selwood."
It may be a little early to release information about a sequel-in-progress (even before the first volume hits the market) but here's a quick promo anyway:

A hideous monster lurks in the southern Nevada desert.  It has slaughtered a trainload of passengers, and kidnapped the fiancĂ©e of the Mayor of Selwood's son.  Many mysteries surround the strange abduction, and it is up to warlock sheriff James Doliber and his dwarven deputy, Ron Grimes, to solve the case and save the day.  But as incriminating answers begin to surface about the local powers that be, can these eclectic law men hope to maintain order without condemning an innocent woman to death?

Now that's something to look forward to.  I can't say when this sequel will be finished, or when it'll be released, but it shouldn't be too long if "West of the Warlock" is a big success.   Spread the word, and stay tuned for more information about both Fantasy Western stories.  It's time for magic on the wild frontier!

1 comment:

  1. Westerns really are making a come-back, so I'm looking forward to both of these!

    Ellie Garratt

    ReplyDelete