Sunday, September 4, 2011

Another Face on the Tree

A couple of weeks ago, I discovered a picture I didn't know I had.  Rather, I made a vital connection that positively identified it.  The photo in question is one of my Great-Great Grandmother, Caroline Elizabeth Horner.

Caroline married Newton Kirton on July 21, 1896 in Hamilton County, Ohio. Their son, Julius Kirton, was my Great-Grandfather.  However, Newton died of a stroke in 1918, and Caroline remarried.  Her second husband was a man named Thomas Jefferson Butcher, something I've known for quite a while, but something I hadn't known when I first came across the following picture:


The back of the photograph says "Mrs. Butcher, Matron of Eastern Star."  I'd say this picture was taken sometime in the 1920s.  It was in amongst a bunch of photos of my mother's father's side of the family (the Kirton/Nelson line), but for a while I wasn't sure who this was, as I hadn't discovered the Butcher connection.  Now we all have the answer.

No comments:

Post a Comment