Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Illness Stymies Work

Truth be told, I have been sick the past couple of weeks.  It's something that comes and goes, and I expect to be feeling better soon.  This is some kind of minor virus that is part flu, part cold; perhaps variations of both at the same time.  It hasn't made me deathly ill, but uncomfortable.  It distracts me, so I don't get all that much writing done, and the ability to read comes and goes, as fatigue and various aches and pains distract me.

My kids have all had a touch of this, as has my father and wife.  It is a lingering thing that annoys more than anything.  I hope it is gone before I have to do anything strenuous, as I have the feeling it would be unpleasant to put strain on my body.

Assuming I survive, I will continue to press on with the A to Z challenge.  Let's see what "J" has in store tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. Nothing like a rotten illness to bring writing to a dead halt. I'm grateful that I can at least usually read when I'm under the weather. It's one of the few times I have an excuse to sit still long enough to sink into a book. Hope you all recover soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you feel better soon, and that "j" has you jumping back into life with enthusiasm . . .or that you find a really good book like Jean suggested.
    Take care!
    Visiting from A to Z. http://tyreanswritingspot.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete